I wanted to make a quick and easy meal over the weekend without a ton of complicated steps or ingredients, so I came up with a great idea! I would use the jar of Bonta Toscana sauce that I recently bought from my friend Amy who makes the sauce right here in Little Rock. She really knows what she's doing when it comes to great taste! The sauce is essentially made of tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, red chili pepper, and salt. I didn't see why I couldn't mix it with some Creole seasoning, some oysters, okra, and have a little etouffee action going.
- 1 16 oz. jar of Bonta Toscana Tuscan Garlic Sauce
- 1 pint of fresh oysters, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb. of frozen or fresh chopped okra
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- Melt the butter in a medium Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add the bell peppers, stirring gently about 5 minutes.
- Add the Bonta Toscana sauce and let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add the okra and cook about 5 minutes or until done. Add the creole seasoning, tasting to adjust the amount needed.
- Add the oysters. When the edges curl up a little and look done, turn off the heat.
I like to add Louisiana hot sauce to my creole dishes.