The crisp, flaky phyllo shells housed the tender tuna and grated gouda quite well.
I thought it would be fun to play around with different toppings to make the presentation pretty, so I chose lemon and garlic dipped avocado pieces, chives, and tomatoes. What a fun, tasty new invention!
- 15 mini phyllo shells
- 1 (5 oz.) can of tuna, thoroughly drained
- 3 tbsp. aioli or Best Foods Organic Garlic Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of grated gouda or other cheese
- 2 strips of bacon, crisped and chopped (Farmer John is my favorite)
- Toppings: avocado, tomatoes, chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the tuna, aioli, 1/4 cup of the cheese, and the bacon together. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Place about a teaspoonful into each shell. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cook 8 minutes, then add toppings and serve.