I also didn't want a huge pan of the stuff. It was just for 4 of us, so I only made a square pan rather than the rectangular pan. The no boil noodles that I found are just the right size for a smaller lasagna.
- 1 pound of Italian sausage
- 12 oz. fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 1 Jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of grated asiago cheese
- 1 package of no - boil, oven ready lasagna noodles
- Parsley flakes for garnishing
- In a large saucepan, brown the Italian sausage, about 5 - 7 minutes. Then, add the jar of spaghetti sauce, and simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile, spray the bottom of a square baking pan with canola oil.
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom, overlapping the noodles a little.
- Remove the meat sauce from heat. Spoon a layer on top of the noodles.
- Spread half of the fresh mozzarella on top. Layer half of the shredded mozarella on top.
- Lay 3 more noodles on top, then the meat sauce, and the rest of the fresh and shredded mozarella. Leave just a little bit of sauce for the top.
- Layer 3 more noodles on top. Spread the rest of the sauce over all the noodles, just a thin layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and top with the grated asiago cheese. Let rest for 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with parsley flakes.