I love these shirataki noodles so much! In a 4 oz. serving: 0 Saturated fat, 20 calories, and 3 grams of total carbs, 2 grams of fiber and 1gram of protein. I posted a recipe for them earlier in an Asian flavored recipe with seafood and baby bok choy. But shirataki noodles are so versatile, they work really well in Mediterranean dishes as well! For another delicious recipe for shirataki noodles, check out diabetic chef Sam Talbot's shirataki noodles with cashews and chilis. He's my favorite!
- 1 package of Private Selection tomato and garlic mussels
- 12 oz. bay scallops, drained on paper towels with additional paper towels pressed on top
- 1 8 oz. package of shirataki tofu noodles - spaghetti shaped
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder
- optional: parsley or cilantro, crushed red pepper
- Follow package directions of the mussels.
- Once the mussels are cooked, add the scallops and cook about 5 minutes longer while stirring gently.
- When the scallops are cooked - opaque - add the noodles, then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Let the noodles sit in the sauce a few minutes to soak in the flavor.
- Top with optional parsley or cilantro and crushed red pepper.