The ribeye was about 16 ounces, or a pound. I also cooked another alongside it.
The result was a perfect medium rare in my book.
I used a thermometer, but maybe it's out of date. Because most recipes I found for medium rare said 125 degrees was the target temperature.
I chose to use ghee for searing because it is clarified butter that is great for high heat, and some think it has healthy benefits for you.
- 2 steaks, about a pound each (mine were ribeyes)
- Marinade: I use about 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp liquid aminos, tons of granulated garlic, & a pinch of turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Place the steaks on a foil lined pan.
- Insert thermometer, and cook until the temperature rises to 125 degrees (about 18 minutes.)
- Prepare a pan over high heat with the ghee. Sear each side about 90 seconds until browned.