I've met Chris twice now, and I've bought many jars of his Pozole to the People since. I love buying local products, especially when I get the chance to interact with the owners to hear their story. This traditional soup from Mexico is something that you can easily incorporate into week nights with the addition of your favorite proteins, or veggies to bulk it up a bit.
Chris has a couple of pop ups coming soon, if you're in the Portland area. Friday, December 9th, you can check out his pozole at New Seasons in Happy Valley from 5 - 7 p.m. There will be a full bar of toppings, so go by and try it for yourself. Then Wednesday, December 14th, you can check out Pozole to the People at the Portland Mercado. For more details, find them on Instagram.
If you can't make either event, you can find Pozole to the People at New Seasons, Whole Foods, Green Zebra, and more! Check out their web site to see: where to find Pozole to the People. For my recipe, keep reading.
Shrimp and Pork Pozole
- 1 Jar of Pozole to the People
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1/2 pound of ground pork
- Garnishes: avocado, radishes, cilantro, and lime
- Form the ground pork into meatballs. Broil 8 - 10 minutes or until done.
- Warm up the soup in a medium sauce pan. Add the shrimp and cook until done. Add the meatballs.
- Serve in a bowl, adding garnishes.