My daughter Gianna loves cold food. I keep the fridge regularly stocked with cucumbers and hummus for her after school snacking. She also frequently asks if I can make her some charcuterie or a salad for her school lunch. Considering I was eating Ruffles, Kit Kat, and a Mountain Dew when I was in the seventh grade, I am happy to comply. She inspires.
This salad was made with some of my daughter's favorite things. And now that summer is here, who else wants cold food?
- Thick dices of salami
- String cheese segments or fresh mozzarella pearls
- Fresh mint leaves, torn
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Baby Spring Mix (our favorite is from Organic Girl)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sicilian lemon balsamic vinegar
- Mix the olive oil and vinegar in a small container. Shake until well mixed.
- Combine all other ingredients. Add dressing. Add salt and pepper.