I once read a book about how Heidi Klum lost all her baby weight in like five weeks or something to walk the runway in a Victoria's Secret show. Five weeks after her fourth child!
She had a list of strictly prohibited dietary items that started with A, B, C, and D. But E was fine. She could have any amount of eggs she wanted. She boiled a dozen at a time, and ate one any time she walked into the kitchen. Oh, and she worked out a lot!
So I started boiling a half dozen eggs at a time as a healthy snack. Eggs are a great source of lean protein, vitamins, omega 3's, and minerals such as zinc and iron. And they're inexpensive. I love that Oregon grocery stores offer many options of Grade AA eggs. My egg recipes are 2, 4, and 6 minutes. Fried eggs are cooked in 2 minutes. Poached eggs are done in 4, and boiled done in 6.
Soft Boiled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- small saucepan
- Place the eggs inside the pan. They should be snug without a lot of room to move around.
- Place enough water in the pan to just cover the eggs.
- Bring up to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to low.
- After 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Fill a bowl with ice and water. Place the eggs inside for 10 minutes.
Best way to peel an egg: crack the ends, then roll softly on your counter to gently soften the shell. Start at the bigger end, and peel.