I had some really delicious calamari tacos at Por Que No Taqueria in Portland, so I was inspired to make my own at home! The calamari is not battered or fried, but seasoned with chili seasoning and broiled instead. Por Que No also does not batter their calamari, and they have our undying devotion.
Do you like calamari and tacos as much as we do? I love calamari so much, the guys at the seafood counter at New Seasons know me well!
If you are a calamari or squid lover, let us know! For the recipe, click on.....
- 1 pound of cleaned calamari tubes & tentacles, tubes cut into small sections
- 1 tbsp chili powder seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Your favorite taco fillings: onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, etc.
- Season the calamari with the chili powder seasoning mix. Add the olive oil. Mix well.
- Broil on a foil lined pan for 10 minutes in the upper rack.
- Warm up your tortillas, then add the calamari and your favorite fillings.