If you like quick and easy, this one's for you. I recently found some great pita bread in the frozen section of New Seasons. I knew it would be a great base for a pesto pizza. I also love fresh mozzarella pearls for salads and Italian dishes, so they're also a great inclusion in this recipe. And who doesn't need some good lycopene in your life every once in a while?
Just a few minutes in the oven, and it's ready to be eaten!
- Pita Bread
- Fresh mozzarella pearls
- Grape tomatoes, sliced in half or thirds
- Pesto from Rasico's Sauce Co
- Optional: Tuscan Herb Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place about 1 tbsp of pesto onto the pita, then spread, leaving an outer crust.
- Place some of the mozzarella pearls on top.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cook about 7 - 10 minutes in the oven, monitoring closely to watch the cheese melt near the end.
- Drizzle with Tuscan Herb Oil if desired.