I had never seen a ribeye medallion before this past week. I noticed it inside the meat case at our local Haggen grocery store. It looked like that good outer part of the ribeye that a butcher once told me to look for when buying the steaks. But the ribeye medallion looks like just the outer part of the steak that has been coiled up into a circle and tied with twine. The girl at the meat counter described it to me as similar to a filet. It ran about $18.99 per pound, and the piece above was almost a pound. It was worth every penny!
The before picture.
The after - I like my steaks between rare and medium rare. Even better with a rustic chimichurri on top!!
- 1 Ribeye Medallion, about 1 lb.
- Fish Sauce, about 1 tbsp
- Liquid Aminos, about 1 tbsp
- Garlic Powder, about 1 tbsp
- Turbinado Sugar, about 1 tsp
- Marinate the steak in the following ingredients overnight in a sealable bag. Mix well.
- Broil about 10 minutes per side for medium rare.
I also enjoyed my steak finished with some smoked Jacobsen Sea Salt!