I love eating lean protein like squid, combined with my favorite herbs and a little bit of bean thread noodles for interesting texture.
What I love about this dish is how easy it is to make, and how tasty and filling it is!
- 1 pound of squid, cleaned, tubes cut in half
- Herbs such as cilantro, mint, perilla, some red onions sliced
- 1 small bundle of bean thread noodles
- Nuoc Mam Cham
- Dry the squid on paper towels.
- Saute in a pan with some canola spray just a few minutes, adding a little white wine or water to finish.
- Cook the noodles about 90 seconds, drain, then cut with scissors.
- Combine the calamari with the noodles, herbs, and sauce.
Lately, when I'm not cooking, I've been eating at some great restaurants in Portland that also serve delicious Asian food. One example is Smallwares, a cuisine the owner calls "inauthentic Asian." Check it out!