My sweet husband recently posted a pic of these tacos I made him on Facebook to brag on his awesome wife that cooks for him every single night.....
It's not easy. Is there even a way to get out of it? Cooking EVERY SINGLE NIGHT??? I mean, I have this food blog, and I love to cook, but.....sometimes it's a little exhausting. BUT....and he says "There's ALWAYS a but....." I do get flowers every single Valentines, birthday, anniversary, Mothers Day, and great gifts for Christmas. He's a great husband. I don't mind that he quit his job in Portland to take the one back in Alaska. I may take a break from cooking every single night.
This is actually one of the quick weeknight dishes I threw together pretty quickly though.
- 1 Half cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 Cloves of chopped garlic
- Chopped cilantro, about a cup
- 1 Fresno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 shallots, finely sliced or chopped
- Blend or mix chimichurri ingredients by hand, whisking well.
- Cook 3 leg quarters at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. When cool, shred meat.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Cook a sliced bell pepper and a sliced onion until wilted to the consistency you like.
- Heat a tortilla about 10 seconds in the microwave or over a gas stove burner.
- Prepare 4 - 5 of these by filling the tortillas with meat, vegetables, and chimichurri. Place them on a plate for your loved one and present with a beer. Tell him to enjoy the game.