I got a great deal on some green beans at the Little Rock Farmers Market this past week, so I decided to try them with one of my favorite things ever: La Quercia prosciutto that you can find at Hillcrest Artisan Meats in Little Rock. (H.A.M.) The traditional method found here is prepared with bacon. We'll call this version the no - bake method.
- 1 pound of fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/2 pound of thinly sliced La Quercia prosciutto
- 1/2 stick of butter (real butter)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- Start with a couple tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the green beans, tossing until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter, brown sugar, and garlic.
- Stir well to dissolve and incorporate the flavors into the green beans.
- Remove from heat.
- Take 2 or 3 green beans, wrap with a half slice of prosciutto, and continue until all are gone.
- Serve as a side item or snack.