I love noodles, and I especially love these shirataki noodles because the 8 oz. portion has a total of 40 calories. They're also gluten free, non GMO, and rich in minerals. These noodles are my go - to for a quickie meal because they don't even have to be cooked. They're simply rinsed & drained. I stock up on them at The Fresh Market or Sam's Oriental.
- 1 package shirataki fettucine noodles
- 1 lb. bay scallops
- 2 handfuls of baby kale
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- crushed red pepper
- shaved asiago or parmesan
- Rinse & drain the noodles.
- Heat a large saucepan, then add the coconut oil. Add the garlic. Add the scallops and cook until almost done.
- Add the baby kale, the lemon juice, then the noodles.
- Add the butter, crushed red pepper, and complete with the shaved asiago or parmesan.