I thought it would be fun to have the experience of Brazilian churrascaria and Argentinian chimichurri in our kitchen tonight.
I made up a chimichurri of scallion olive oil and lemongrass mint white balsamic vinegar. With all the other usual stuff.
I marinated the chicken in some of the chimichurri, some liquid aminos, and a little turbinado sugar.
Then I broiled the skewers about 7 minutes per side. You can enjoy the skewers with the chimichurri alone, or you can wrap it up in a warmed corn tortilla.
- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup of scallion olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lemongrass mint white balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresno chili, seeded & chopped
- salt, pepper, to taste
- wooden skewers, soaked 30 minutes
- Cut the chicken into large diced pieces.
- Prepare the chimichurri - the next 7 items. Mix and let sit.
- Marinate the cut chicken pieces in some of the chimichurri. Add some liquid aminos or tamari or soy sauce and some turbinado sugar.
- After about 30 minutes, skewer the chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- Broil 7 minutes per side, then serve with more chimichurri on top.