I love wild - caught calamari because it is a sustainable, lean protein that you can enjoy because it has been brought to you responsibly. Beware of seafood that has not been. Read all about it in Barton Seaver's For Cod and Country, one of my favorite books that I've read a couple of times front to back.
- 1 lb. Private Selection Calamari from Kroger
- 1 pkg. Shirataki tofu noodles
- 4 oz. spinach
- Crushed red pepper
- Asiago cheese
- Spray canola oil
- Drain the calamari and dry between paper towels. Season with roasted garlic powder. Cut the tubes in half.
- Drain the shirataki noodles, rinse, and dry between paper towels.
- Heat a pan, then spray with canola oil.
- Add the calamari. Stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add the spinach, red pepper, and season with more garlic powder.
- Add the spinach, then the shirataki noodles. Stir fry well.
- Remove from heat, add the asiago cheese. Season with salt and pepper.