My kids and I have been experimenting with puff pastry and Nutella lately. The first batch didn't turn out very post-worthy, but with practice, we've gotten better!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 egg, beaten, with 1 tbsp water
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- The puff pastry should be thawed per package directions.
- Prepare a large cutting board, or flour a surface.
- Unfold the sheet of puff pastry, and wrap the other back up and refrigerate immediately.
- Roll out the the puff pastry sheet, flouring the rolling pin if needed.
- Cut out 14 stars.
- Remove the excess pastry sheet, then make straws with cinnamon sugar out of the leftovers.
- Brush the stars with the egg wash. Spoon some Nutella on 7 of the stars. Lay some strawberries on each star. Top with the remaining stars. Crimp the edges with your fingers. Dust with cinnamon sugar if desired.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.