That makes my duty as the cook quite easy! I simply marinate the meat in some tamari (gluten - free soy sauce) or some fish sauce and garlic powder, and the results are flavorful meat atop scrumptious sticky, starchy rice. This is not that fluffy, flaky variety.
- 1 cup of sushi rice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- fish sauce, about 1 tbsp
- tamari, about 2 tbsp
- garlic powder, about 1tbsp
- Cut the chicken into bite - sized pieces. Place inside a large plastic bag. Season with the fish sauce, tamari, and garlic powder. Seal the bag, toss it to evenly distribute, then refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare the sushi rice per package instructions.
- Prepare a pan over medium heat. When hot, add just enough oil to cover the bottom.
- Saute the chicken over medium heat until done, abut 10 - 15 minutes.
- Top the rice with the chicken. Season with additional tamari if desired.