- 1 D'artagnan Fresh Magret Duck Breast
- 2 tbsp organic, lower sodium tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, optional
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp shao hsing rice cooking wine, or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 8 oz. package fresh shitake mushrooms, cleaned
- Score the fat side of the duck crosswise without cutting into the meat.
- Place inside a large sealable bag, add the tamari, fish sauce, sugar, & garlic powder.
- Marinate overnight or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sear the duck fat side down in a pan over high heat for about 6 minutes, turn and sear another 2 - 3 minutes. Place in the oven and roast an additional 20 minutes.
- Using the remaining duck fat from the pan, add the peppers and mushrooms.
- Add the cooking wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen the browned bits.
- Add the oyster sauce and saute until the vegetables are soft and have absorbed the sauce.
- Let the duck rest like you would a steak before slicing into it.
Also try Shirataki Noodle Soup with Duck, another favorite recipe of mine.