- For the marinade: soy sauce or tamari, garlic powder, black pepper
- 8 pieces of chicken legs & 8 pieces of chicken thighs
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- Marinate the chicken for a couple of hours or overnight in a large sealable bag.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
- Reduce hear to 350 degrees. Bake chicken another 30 minutes.
- Combine last 5 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Once it comes up to a light boil or simmer, stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low for about 10 minutes, then spread on top of the chicken when ready.
- For sandwiches, toast your ciabatta bun in the oven at 400 degrees about 8 minutes. Shred the chicken, then spread the sauce on top.