So when Gianna, now 9, said, "Mommy, can you bring me Subway for lunch?" Of course I said, "I have no idea what you want on that!" She then wrote down in order exactly how she ordered her sub. When I went to pick it up, I made sure to be extra attentive in how they made it this time. So now, I can make a good enough sub like Subway so that she is happy enough with what I make for her. And she hasn't asked for a fast food sandwich after school or during school in a long time, to my relief! I'm sure it's understandable...anytime a mom can make her child a homemade meal that satisfies as much and may save money, it's a win - win for the mom and the child!
Tonight my mom friends and I hold our children so much tighter, it almost suffocates them, and we pray together for those who have experienced the loss of their own.
- French or Italian loaf, sliced in half vertically and horizontally
- Turkey slices
- Pepperoni slices
- Genoa salami slices
- Shredded Asiago cheese
- Thinly sliced cucumbers
- Ranch dressing
- Butter the bread. Place in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Layer the meat slices on top of one slice. Layer the cheese on top.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Add the cucumbers and ranch. Smash to make it fit in your mouth!