Oops! I forgot the pine nuts! I also substituted fat - free sour cream in place of the heavy cream. My bestie Kristi said she approved, as she was next to me many nights, serving Bellinis and looking forward to our own after - hours drinks at the end of the night. She's also a pretty good cook herself! And single, for now...it's always great to have a friend around to try my cooking, especially when we're both reading the 50 Shades of Grey series, and we can laugh about a certain other red room! Although that other red room scares me a little...
- 1 lb. shrimp (16-20 count) American wild - caught, peeled & deveined
- 12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz. fresh spinach
- 4 oz. fat - free sour cream
- 4 oz. white wine
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 package shirataki noodles, width your choice
- Prepare the shrimp by pre-heating the oven to 400 degrees. Roast by tossing with a little peanut oil, a little salt & pepper, for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the pasta noodles per package directions.
- Make the lemon butter: Heat lime juice and white wine in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce. Add the sour cream. Slowly add butter and whisk thoroughly.
- Add a little butter to a large saucepan over medium high heat, then add mushrooms. Cook until softened and browned. Add spinach, then remove from heat before spinach is wilted.
- Add the noodles to the lemon butter to coat, then plate with the shrimp and mushrooms.