For the slow cooker:
- 3 - 4 lbs. pork shoulder
- 1 cup coconut rum
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- rice paper
- rice noodles, cooked per package instructions
- herbs: cilantro, chives, mint (optional)
- julienned carrots
- matchstick cucumber
- peanut sauce for dipping
- Rub the pork shoulder with the curry paste and place inside slow cooker. Pour the rum and broth over it, then cook on low for 8 hours. Then turn to warm setting.
- Pull a little bit of meat off the bone at a time, discarding the fat. Assemble spring rolls. Moisten the paper under water for a quick second. Place on a plate to allow to soften.
- While still softening, add your ingredients (for the spring roll) except for the peanut sauce.
- Fold in sides and roll away from you.