- 1 pound of wild caught American shrimp
- 12 oz. Prosciutto di Parma (Danielle brand is also good)
- Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tail intact. Just above the tail, make 2 - 3 slices across the inside of the shrimp where the tail curls. This helps keep it a little straighter.
- Cut a prosciutto slice in half lengthwise, then wrap around the body of the shrimp. Lay each piece onto the rack of a broiler pan.
- Preheat broiler. Lay the broiler pan onto the top rack of the oven closest to the broiler.
- All ovens vary, but my oven directions say to leave the oven door open while broiling. Not all the way open. Just barely open,
- The shrimp are ready in just 3 - 5 minutes, when the tails turn a deep color.