Anyway, I learned from a girl in my Communications department at UALR that when she used canned crab meat, she also added the liquid from the can for the extra flavor. That was many years ago, but I've always been thankful for her tip!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. wild - caught American shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 can of crab meat
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 green onions, diced
- garnish of 1 diced green onion, cilantro, and chopped white onion
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the butter and olive oil.
- When the butter has melted, swirl the pan to evenly coat the bottom.
- Add the bell pepper, then the green onions, then the cajun seasoning.
- Cook until the bell pepper is soft, then add the canned crab meat with its juices.
- When the ingredients are gently simmering, add the shrimp. Lightly toss the shrimp until it is done. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Top with garnish, and serve alone or on top of rice or pasta. Add more cajun seasoning if needed.