The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook that beets are anti-cancer, heart healthy, metabolism boosting, and immunity boosting.
Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients, beets were said to be low in calories, high in fiber, rich in iron, and full of cancer - fighting beta carotene and folic acid, which can help prevent birth defects.
- 1 or 2 bunches of beets, red or golden or both
- Olive oil or spray oil
- Course kosher salt
- Wash the beets thoroughly, then quarter if they're large. Trim each end.
- Line a large pan or cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the beets on the pan, drizzle or spray with oil, then salt, then toss to coat.
- Cover with more foil.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 400 degrees or until the beets are easily pierced with a knife.
- When cooled, slip the skins off with a paring knife. Enjoy!