I used a store bought package of Chinese Mabo Tofu from Sam's Oriental to make the sauce. It has hints of ginger, sesame, and garlic. I chose the mild selection because I knew Gianna would want to try it. But I did like adding the fresh cilantro and a little bit of spice to my dish. You can also choose a medium or hot selection, though. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make, and I know we will be having more in the red kitchen again soon.
- 4 oz. ground pork, beef, or chicken (I used pork)
- 1 box of Mabo Tofu Sauce or Mapo Tofu Sauce
- 1 package of firm tofu, cut up as small or as big as you'd like
- Spray a small amount of oil into a large saucepan, and heat over medium high heat.
- Brown the ground meat and break up into little pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the sauce in, and simmer over medium or low heat.
- Add the tofu and lightly toss to coat and heat.