The root is still attached. These lettuce leaves are lusciously soft.
I got some hydroponically grown butter lettuce from Kroger.
The lycopene that you get in tomatoes is a powerful antioxidant. Gianna won't eat regular sliced tomatoes, tomatoes from a can, or sundried tomatoes. But she likes these. Also cucumber. She loves cucumber. Add some shredded artisan cheese, and you have a gourmet salad. The cubetti prosciutto take the place of boring old bacon bits.
I love that girl....she makes life easy for me, when it comes to making her meals.
- Butter lettuce leaves, torn into bite sized pieces
- Naturally dry aged prosciutto cubetti - from Kroger Marketplace
- Fontina or Asiago cheese, freshly shredded
- Grape tomatoes
- Cucumber sliced into half moons
- Marzetti Simply Dressed Balsamic
Mix all ingredients into a bowl and stir gently to spread the dressing.
The 2 tbsp serving of dressing has 90 calories and .5g of saturated fat. See, stick to real, all natural ingredients and you don't have to worry about your salad dressing making your salad fattening!