There are two cuts of corned beef: flat cut or point cut. I only saw the flat cut. It comes packaged in brine with a seasoning packet.
- 3 Pound corned beef brisket
- 1 Package button mushrooms
- Baby carrots
- 1 White onion, sliced
- 1 Head of cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- Remove the corned beef from the package and place into the bottom of a Dutch oven. Fill with water to cover. Turn the heat to high until boiling.
- Once the water boils, turn the heat to low and cover with a lid for 3 hours.
- After two hours of cooking, add the mushrooms, baby carrots, the white onion, and the cabbage. Continue cooking.
- When finished, remove the brisket and slice across the grain. Serve with veggies.