pulled pork tamales, tortas, and these wraps. There are so many different ways to make pork carnitas. Typically, pork shoulder is slow cooked until tender, then the outside is crisped. One way to do it is the way that Chef Rick Bayless does his Slow - Roasted Pork Carnitas.
roasted garlic grape seed oil spray, then I spoon a little of the juices from the slow cooker on top of the pork.
Serve the wraps with some fresh pico de gallo, sliced avocado, and shredded cheddar.
- 6 pound pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Juice of 1 lime
- Season the pork shoulder with all the following seasonings. Toss to coat.
- Add the pork shoulder to a slow cooker with a half cup of broth or water.
- Cook on low for 12 hours.
- Remove as much fat as possible.
- Heat a hard anodized or nonstick pan over medium high heat with oil.
- Remove chunks of meat from the slow cooker with tongs, then add to hot pan.
- Cook until outside of meat is crisply browned. Just turn the meat occasionally when it looks ready.