Guy Fieri Food: Cookin' It, Livin' It, Lovin' It for a while, and I loved it! One thing that surprised me was the amount of Asian recipes he had in it. One day Jereme saw The Neelys on Food Network making Asian food, and he said, "They can't do Asian!" I told him everybody does Asian, half of Guy Fieri's book is Asian. He even made Vietnamese pho (beef noodle soup) in his book!
So he did Ahi Won Tacos, but I don't make Ahi too often due to the overfishing of yellowfin tuna. I won't say that I'll never eat Ahi, but for now I decided to do this dish with Wild Alaskan Smoked Salmon. He also drizzled his with some cream sauces that he made from scratch, but I decided that I liked mine with the mango salsa alone. This is one of those really, really rare moments in my life when I actually deep fry food.
- 1 package Wild Alaskan Smoked Salmon
- Round wonton wrappers - you can find in the Organic Dairy aisle at Kroger Marketplace
- Mango salsa
- Oil for deep frying
- In a small saucepan, pour in enough oil to cook half of a wonton wrapper.
- It's ready when you put the end of a chopstick in, and it sizzles.
- Dip half of the wonton wrapper into the oil, and hold the other half with a pair of tongs so that you can get that taco shape.
- Once the edge is browned, cook the other side. Drain on a paper towel.