- 4 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- Oil: canola, peanut, or grape seed are best
- flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- coarse kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil over medium high heat - place about about 1/2 inch of oil in the pan. Season the chicken with coarse kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Put about 1 cup of flour into a large plastic bag, throw the chicken in, and toss to coat.
- When hot, about 5 minutes on our stove, drop some flour in. When it sizzles, it's ready.
- Place the chicken in the pan, then turn after about 7 minutes. Fry another 7 minutes, or until done. Season with salt, and let rest for 15 minutes before diggin in.