For the marinade:
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup tamari - I noticed that Rachael ray used it often in a cookbook
1 each multicolored peppers: red, orange yellow
1 large white onion
- Marinate the flank steak overnight with the above ingredients in a large ziploc bag.
- When ready to prepare, set the steak out on the counter for about 30 minutes to bring to room temp.
- Slice or dice the peppers and onion to your preference.
- Spray a large pan with canola spray. Once it's hot, add the onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir about 8 minutes or until soft.
- Remove to a plate. Add more canola spray to the pan.
- Cook the flank steak at high heat about 4 minutes per side for medium rare, depending on the size of the steak. Remove from the pan, let rest 10 minutes, then cut across the grain.