The Ravenous Couple , and I may try it some day. But for now, this busy working/basketball/cheerleader mom is going to share a store - bought recipe for using the cha lua. I usually avoid MSG, which is in the store bought Vietnamese ham that I found, but I decided that the tiny bit this week wouldn't kill me. Other than the MSG, the ingredients of the packaged ham were fine - to my standards.
here about why so many Americans for so many years have been mistaken.
seafood noodles. From here on out, though, it's just shirataki noodles for me!
- 1 package yam shirataki noodles, drained and rinsed
- cooking oil
- 1/2 package cha lua Vietnamese ham - found in Asian markets
- fresh oyster mushrooms - found in Asian markets
- 1/2 medium white onion
- sliced snow peas
- optional: red chilies and fried garlic, found in Asian markets
- nuoc mam cham (garlic lime chili sauce)
- Heat a little oil - about 1 tablespoon - over medium high heat. If you have stir fry oil, it's seasoned with garlic, ginger, and oil and fantastic for this!
- Add the onions and stir fry till soft.
- Add all other ingredients and stir fry till warm. Then enjoy!