Instead of the english muffin, I used slices of a crusty demi baguette bread. I usually pick up this 99 cent loaf from Whole Foods. It is just small enough for us. I also poached her eggs instead of frying them. Then, I added her new favorite thing: fried capers. We discovered these on the Beef Carpaccio dish at Ya Ya's Eurobistro, one of our favorite restaurants. Here they are below: YUM
The other 2 ingredients remained the same: prosciutto de parma and pesto from the cold case, not the jar. (I don't own a food processor, so I can't make my own pesto.)
- 2 Eggs - I like Egglands Best Brown Cage Free
- 2 slices of baguette bread
- Pesto from the refrigerated section at Whole Foods
- Handful of Capers
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Rinse the capers, then dry them on a paper towel. After a few minutes, when the pan is hot, add the capers. Turn the heat to low and stir them occasionally.
- Poach or pan fry your eggs. I have accessories that help me.