Everyone told me several times that they loved the roast. I loved how easy it was to feed so many people with such little effort!
- 2 beef chuck roasts, about 6 and 1/2 pounds total
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into sections
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic soup
- 1/2 cup of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 large russet potatoes
- Season the roasts with salt and pepper. Heat a large pan over high heat, add the olive oil, and sear each roast on all sides one at a time. Set the roasts onto a plate or platter.
- Add the carrots and onion to the slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with the roasts. Sprinkle more salt and pepper on top.
- Add the soup and beef broth. Put the lid on top and cook on low for 9 hours.
- Remove 2 cups of liquid from the slow cooker and place into a dutch oven.
- When the fat solidifies on top, remove it. Heat the dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Combine corn starch and cold water. Add it to the dutch oven, bring up to a boil, then reduce to low once it thickens.
- Make the potatoes: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees or 400 on convection roast. Roll the potatoes in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- The roast is ready when it is easy to shred with 2 forks.