I've said it before, and it's still true. Having this blog really encourages me to look for new things to cook for my family. My husband said a few weeks ago that I've probably just about posted everything that I usually make, and I said well now I'm thinking of new recipes on my own, or I'm looking up traditional recipes that everyone makes, and trying them out on my own. So very Julie and Julia.
This evening I made one of the best things I have to admit I've ever made. I found some small 7 inch round Italian - style cheese blend pizza crusts at Target. Their Archer Farms brand. They're prebaked with Romano, Parmesan, and Asiago cheeses. I asked Gianna what she thought of a shrimp and spinach pizza, and she said YUM! So here's how I made it. It's just too bad she only let me have 2 bites of it!!
- Small prebaked 7 inch pizza crust
- Garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 9 Medium shrimp (31-40 count)
- Handful of fresh spinach
- Peanut oil
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread a generous amount of spreadable cheese onto the pizza crust.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Top with spinach that has been julienned or cut into long thin strips.
- Toss the shrimp in a light drizzle of peanut oil, season with garlic and black pepper, then place on top of the spinach.