1 Package Udon Noodles
6 Medium Shrimp
Pickled Red Onions (recipe follows)
Fish Sauce or Soy Sauce for flavor
- Fill a small saucepan with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and seasoning packet that comes with it. If there's no season packet, add ginger and soy sauce. Add mushrooms and stir to break apart noodles.
- Add shrimp last, then remove from heat when the shrimp is done.
- If you have it, season with fish sauce, lime, and sriracha (or any chili garlic sauce.) In fact, if you have a full Asian pantry like I do, a teaspoon of shrimp paste really adds some umph to this.
- If you go the soy route instead, sesame oil is also a great flavor to add. Top with cilantro or your favorite fresh herb.