The first time I made brussel sprouts, I wanted to like them, but I didn't. After I learned the technique of caramelization via sugar & salt, I made them again, and everyone in the Red Kitchen loved them....except Sasha the picky one.
All you need is:
- Frozen or fresh brussel sprouts
- Canola Oil
- Natural Sea Salt
- Natural Cane Turbinado Sugar
- Heat a thin swirl of oil in your pan. Toss in the brussels. Sprinkle with salt & sugar.
- Let them cook at a high heat for a little while; toss frequently with your spatula.
- Reduce heat to low and let caramelize, stirring occasionally.