My friend Courtney says that the potato caught a bad rap back when everyone was caught up in the don't - eat - carbs craze. Even today, look at me, making zucchini fries! Are these any healthier, do they have more nutrition, are they less fattening? If anybody knows, please enlighten us! Maybe it has to do with a high carb count or a low carb count, a high glycemic index, or a low GI, I forget which is better....I started to make these because I saw Giada De Laurentiis do it one day on Food Network. That same day, Jereme said the chefs served them in Alaska! Sounded like a hot new trend, so I was on it. Court, I know you wanna see the comeback of the potato - send some recipes my way girl!
- 2 zucchinis (feeds my family of 4 minus Sasha the picky eater)
- Panko breadcrumbs (parmesan herb flavor optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the zucchinis into french fry like shapes.
- Set up your breading station.
- Dip each stick into flour, egg, panko, to pan.
- Spray with canola or olive oil spray.
- Bake on a foil - lined pan in the oven about 20 minutes.
- Flip or toss fries, then bake another 10 minutes or until golden brown.