Having this blog really keeps me on my toes when it comes to planning each meal. When I planned this dish, I wasn't sure if my husband would have any. In the past, Jereme has passed on my chicken pot pie. But today as I was extracting meat from lobster, he watched with excitement. The end result: he loved it.
I got this lobster already cooked at Kroger. I had just enough meat with just one, but I would have preferred to use two. I guess how much you use depends on how much you want to spend.
- Cooked lobster meat, about 3/4 pound
- 2 Cans Cream of Mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- Half a bag of petite carrots - the smallest you can find
- Half a bunch of asparagus
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry
- Egg wash: 1 beaten egg with 1 tsp of water
- Place puff pastry sheet on counter lightly dusted with flour to thaw.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut up lobster meat into bite size pieces.
- Bend asparagus ends until you find the breaking point and snap off. Slice into small sections, a little smaller than the carrots.
- Pour the cans of soup into a large bowl. Add carrots, asparagus, and lobster. Mix well.
- Unfold puff pastry sheet. I use 4 round mini cocottes, so I cut out 4 circles just a little bigger than the tops so that the pastry will fold over. You can also use a square oven dish.
- Prepare egg wash.
- Pour mixture in, top with puff pastry, adhering it to the dish. Brush with egg wash. Pierce the top with a knife in a couple of places.
- Cook in the oven 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.